Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wow......




Boy do I have a real good burn. Here's some updated pics cause the below posts where I posted my "sunburn" seems like nothing. These pics still do not really show the intense color of my skin. It's actually kinda scary to have purple skin! The radiation treatments are "accumulative", which means even though I am not having treatments anymore the effects of the radiation are still working (as you can see from the pics, these were taken today, which is 7 days since my last treatment.) I was told it should heal up in about a month from my last treatment. Can't be soon enough. I seem to have said that many times in the last year haven't I!?!?

On the bright side, I no longer have a doctor appointment or blood work every week. I tried to total up my appointments, etc. since the beginning of my diagnosis, and I stopped at 100... that's 100 actual visits to the doctor, or a test, etc. Thank god for insurance.

No comments: