Sunday, January 4, 2009

No Pain No Gain


January 4, 2008

Honest truth is that I was really sorry I had decided to do the reconstruction. Not being able to sleep, being in pain the minute I wake up in the morning and dreading getting out of bed just really sucked... every day for 3+ weeks. Not to mention driving Brian crazy by being a b*tch on legs. BUT... there is a light at the end of the tunnel... as the saying goes. My pain is better, it's actually not "pain" anymore, but I'll call it discomfort. New Years day I woke up and felt no PAIN! Then I looked in the mirror and WOW... I can see the truth to the "no pain no gain" saying. My foobs look great! I actually fit into a NORMAL bra! I bought 2 cute ones yesterday, a B cup! How's that everyone!??!? No need for a prosthesis', which I actually got fitted for early last week. I'll post a pic another day, my camera is not in the house right now. I didn't get any expansion for 2 weeks now, so I'm biting the bullet and going for a fill tomorrow. It does get more uncomfortable as the week goes on. But now that I see how good it's all going I'm looking forward to the fills.

I see my chemo God on Jan. 9th. I have a pretty good feeling he's going to dose me up pretty good again, and even be more aggressive this time. After all , agressive is his middle name. And that's a good thing, I guess.

Going back to work tomorrow too, Jan. 5th, and I'm ok with it. Getting back to normal things for me is needed, emotionally and physically. But we'll see how I do on this next round of chemo. I'm not going to push myself this time to work thru it. I don't think so anyway:-)


We took a little hike today, felt good to get out.

No comments: