Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surgery Date Finally Set

After waiting for 2 weeks my surgery date is finally set for Devember 9th. Yes... one day after I "turn" 43. At least they are letting me have a "happy" birthday! I'll be in the hospital for 2-3 days, then come home the day before Isabelle's birthday... oh joy oh bliss. My poor kid... but fortunately she's at the age where she really won't know that we are dissing her on her birthday. I'll have Brian go out and get a cake for her to smash in her face, and we have many nice presents for her to rip open... so yeah I think she'll be ok.

So we need to be at the hospital at 730AM on the 9th. Surgery starts 930AM, and will be about 5 or 6 hours. I'll be in la-la land for sure with a pain pump afterwards, and they are sending me home with it too! wooohooooo!

I get a very small "fill" in my expanders, but not much. My plastic surgeon doesn't want to kill the skin cells and ruin my reconstruction... Thanks Matt! So I wake up with "mounds", that will probably be more like moe-hills, but that's ok with me. Then 3 weeks later I get my first real fill! I can't wait... so yes friends looks like I will indeed get my new foobs for Christmas!

And don't worry all... I will be taking before and after pics:o)

To be continued.........

No comments: