Tuesday, October 28, 2008

#2 and #3 CHEMOFRIGGINTHERAPY

October 2, and 16th

Ok so I feel like a pro at this. So my 3rd treatment on the 16th I tell my husband that I want to feel independent and go alone. Besides all the other ladies do it, even the old ones. So after my nagging him, he let me go alone. BAD IDEA. Because I was driving myself I couldn't take the sedative, which I thought was ok, because I am a tough women. NOT. During treatment I started to feel funny. Got a little lightheaded and then thought to myself "oh great, here I am alone just this one time, Brian's not here and now something is going to happen to me". That esculated into a anxiety attack to the point where they had to stop my treatment and hook me up to an oxygen tank. Yup. There was strong me, not being so strong. My blood pressure sky rocketed and my heart rate doubled. I think I scared the nurses! They tried to convince me to let them give me the sedative and call someone to come pick me up. But... I refused and said Iwould be ok. And I was, after my body calmed down. Well I decided not to go alone to treatments anymore because I do need to take the sedative. HAIL ATIVAN.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you're like those ladies that refuse to get an epidural!!! SERIOUSLY?! take the sedative next time! dork!

daniebz said...

Ok, not sure who this is that left the comment - but yeah - DORK!!!!
smooches to my snapper!

daniebz said...

right on, sista........DORK!!!!

Sue said...

Ah yes.... I love my friends!