Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Going to the Oncologist

Yeah... well this was something I thought I'd never be doing. It was horrible. I cried the minute I got into the exam room. I couldn't believe I was there. Just 2 years ago I was on the floor above of this very same office building hearing the tiny heartbeat of my unborn baby girl. And now I was sitting in the office below at an oncologists office talking CHEMOFRIGGINTHERAPY.

Anyway... the doctor and his staff were completely amazing and caring people, which made it all so much easier to deal with. He told me that beccause of the size of the tumor 10cm+... now for all you folks who are as bad as measurement as me, there are 2.5cm in one inch. So do the math. Yup a good ole 5 inch tumor was laying in my boob. Anyway... doc tells me cause of the size I'll need to do chemo before surgery to shrink the sucker down so that surgery has a better outcome and just in case the little boogers traveled outside my boob into my bloodstream or an organ. Ah yes the organs... then he tells me I'll need to have scans of every inch of my body to see if the cancer spread anywhere else. Now it was getting more complicated. I wanted them to just get me into the operating room and cut this damn thing out.

No comments: