Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First CHEMOFRIGGINTHERAPY


September 19, 2008

Nervous as all heck. Didn't know what to expect. My husband Brian of course was coming with me. We brought our daughter into daycare that morning cause my treatment was scheduled for 1130, and we wanted her to have a normal day. My doctor prescribed a mild sedative for me early after I was diagnosed cause I guess he saw my anxiety printed on my forehead, so I took one at home before we got to the doctor's office. They also gave me a sedative in my iv prior to starting the CHEMOFRIGGINTHERAPY drugs. And let me tell you all... I would not have had it any different! Once they started the drugs into my iv I didn't give one iota (is that really a word?) of care what they hell was going on! PRAISE SEDATIVES!!!!!!!! The treatment took about 2 hours. We went home and I was very groggy the rest of the day. That night I didn't sleep one minute, thanks to the steroids they also give you prior to the chemo drugs going into your body. Steroids help with inflammation in your body. But at the same time it unfortunately wires you up and you don't sleep.

No comments: