Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Damn friggin boobs!

August 18th, 2008

Due for my annual boob squeeze. Now back in the early spring/early summer yeah I noticed something was changing in these bad girls. Well just one bad girl. After seeing myself in a picture from June, I noticed my right boob was all of a sudden much larger then the other one. Looked way too lopsided! I figured ok it's my fibroids and cysts acting up again. Something I have been dealing with since I was a teenager. So I waited till my annual mammo was due in August. I go for the squeeze. Two days later I was called to go back again cause the Radiologist says there's areas that she wants to look closer at. She then tells me that there are a couple of areas that do need to be biopsied. Not just that, but she seemed like she wanted to hint to me that I had something severely wrong. But of course they are legally bound not to. So off I went the following week to a surgeon. Surgeon wanted to do a biopsy asap. Biopsies done asap and low and behold yup it's "cancer". The big one. Not the stage 0 DCIS I had before, but the big old Invasive tumor. Not just any ole tumor. One that needed to be shrunk with "therapy". Therapy. What a nice way to put it. CHEMOFRIGGINTHERAPY. The word I had dreaded to hear for the last 13 years was here.

No comments: